Saturday 20 July 2013

Babe in the neue city

Now I officially feel I'm new in the city. Because I changed the city for the summer. And so all is new again. Armed with new shoes marking the city name. I also decided to participate in the #30dayselfphotothing I found on a blog I like. I was almost going to get my photos up, when I received a very creepy email from a blog-reader of my old blog and I remembered I was "anonymous" here for valid reasons.

Anywho. I did however like the idea of photos simply because it also matched with the day I moved: between states.

Generally my first day in a new city is always strange. I can't find routes and I tend to always walk to find my way around, and I am always never with maps (will I improve?). At least now I have Google maps (not on my phone though!). I was equipped with directions written down and a memory of what I had seen on the computer. This happens to me on the first day of every new city, but this time I decided to document it. Oh so while walking to the Westendstrasse Flohmarkt imaging it would replicate my lovely Berlin experience, while it severely felt short of it, I traced my own unique neighbourhood route. I accidentally found the Westpark (really cool) and the Audi Dome (ok!) and the Ruhmeshalle (like!). So while I do not regret it. Losing your way is always special ;-).

(From A to F usually a few U-bahn stops with a change and a 4 Km walking way), here's my walk-map. Really disturbed family that I walked so, but then good exercise and a laugh later, no? :-)


Entering home again, felt refreshing, even in a hot (!) sommer dach house.


PS: God (!) created Steffi-Muenchen shoes for a reason ;-)

3 comments:

  1. How the joy of exploring a new city till it become home! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, that map doesn't indicate that you ended where you started. This is another good time to review the basic mathematics of Distance and Displacement (vector). Of course, if the point is to get lost, then why count :-)

    Have fun. Let the shoes do the talking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe so liking these similar experiences we are having! :)
    This time I tried to not get lost and I guess my senses are getting better at marking landmarks and finding my way back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...